649cc Twin-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
• Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power for performance that favors everyday riding and inspires confidence in newer riders, yet is spirited enough for sport riding.
• Camshaft profiles are tuned for quick response and performance.
• Slim intake port shape also helps boost engine response and performance.
• Airbox design with a single large inlet contributes to the power feeling.
• Exhaust system has a short header and the sleek muffler’s internal construction further enhances power delivery.
• Muffler is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
• Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
• Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
• 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
• Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome
composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width.
Digital Fuel Injection(KP)
• Fuel injection settings provide smooth low end response while contributing to the engine‘s quickrevving character.
• Throttle body diameter is 36mm and utilizes fine atomizing injectors to further enhance engine response and low-to-mid-range power.
• The throttle bodies feature sub-throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the EFI system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
• Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
• Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP)
• Using the rotational forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, the clutch is forced together during acceleration (Assist function) so that fewer and lighter clutch springs can be used for a lighter feel at the lever. During high back-torque, such as when too low of gear is selected, the Slipper function allows some clutch slippage to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, and rear-wheel hop.
• Equipped with a linkage-type gear shift mechanism for positive shift touch and feeling.
• Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
• Includes Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
• High-tensile steel trellis frame has optimized dimensions and wall thicknesses to significantly reduce frame weight and contribute to extremely light handling.
• Frame components follow the ideal pipe line so that the lines of the frame are as straight as possible. When bends were necessary their angles were as small as
possible, resulting in a design that disperses stress extremely well.
• Three-point rigidly mounted engine and footpeg stays are used as stressed members to contribute to weight reduction.
Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension(KP)
• Horizontal Back-link progressive suspension system like that found on the Ninja® ZX™-10R optimizes balance, sport riding potential and ride comfort.
• The linkage is placed atop the swingarm and helps make room for the under-engine muffler for better mass centralization.
• Rear shock is further away from the exhaust so that its operation will not be affected by exhaust heat.
• Gull-wing swingarm uses hollow press construction that helps keep it light.
41mm Front Fork
• Upper triple clamp has stylish reinforcing ribs on the upper surface to enhance appearance.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
• Nissin brake calipers provide excellent brake feel and control and project a sporty image.
• Front brake calipers grip dual 300mm petal discs and have big 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
• Petal design offers great cooling and warp resistance.
• Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions.
• Bosch 9.1M control unit provides precise electronic management and is compact to save space and weight.
Wheels and Tires
• Sporty five-spoke wheel design has a light, nimble appearance.
• Equipped with Dunlop Sportmax D214 silica-blend tires for excellent performance and better fuel mileage. Confidence-Inspiring Cockpit
• Separate, clip-on style handlebar mounts atop the upper triple clamp are positioned slightly forward for an aggressive sport riding position. However, the leg position is opened up by placing the footpegs low and forward to help maintain comfort.
• The seat is low and slim at the front to make it easier for the rider to place both feet on the ground at a stop.
• The fuel tank is positioned low on the chassis and its slim design further facilitates the reach to the ground for added rider confidence. A resin design fuel cap eliminates the presence of mounting bolts for a stylish design.
• Instrument panel features analog tachometer and LCD multi-function meter that is easy to read. There is a gear position indicator and upshift indicator light, while the tachometer needle complements the upshift light, changing colors in three stages as the chosen shift point nears.
• The LCD display also contain the speedometer, odometer/trip meters, coolant temperature, fuel level, fuel range and average/instant fuel consumption, plus an Economical Riding Indicator(KP) that displays when fuel consumption is most favorable.
• 5-way adjustable brake and clutch levers accommodate a variety of hand sizes for increased comfort and control.
• Bodywork evokes a strong Ninja supersport image in line with the track-focused Ninja® ZX™-6R and ZX-10R.
• Chin spoilers below the swept-back headlights make the front cowl closely resemble that of the Ninja ZX-10R. • Windshield design further reinforces the overall Ninja image and
features three-position adjustability with a total range of nearly 2.5 inches.
• Fairing has large openings to maximize airflow and reduce engine heat.
• Front fender design and compact, upswept tail cowl contribute to the aggressive image.
• LED taillight lights up in an X shape.
*Prices shown are not final and do not include sales tax, finance charges, vehicle registration fees, or any other fees required by law. Prices may be subject to changing incentives. If applicable, incentives may require a trade-in, financing, or other specific qualifications and restrictions. Reasonable efforts are made to keep information on this website accurate, but Dealer and/or its affiliates do not assume responsibility for omissions or for misprints or other errors displayed on this website. EPA mileage estimates are for newly manufactured vehicles only, so actual mileage will depend on how the vehicle is driven and maintained.